Friday, December 30, 2011

Headed to Paris!

     Last night Stephen, Adam and I went to Rhum e Pera (Rum & Pear), a restaurant that is about a five minute walk from Stephen's apartment.  I had a spaghetti carbonera (spaghetti with bacon and egg sauce) which was extremely delicious and a water which was served the traditional Italian way: in a bottle, with no ice, and very expensive.  Since the Italian water is not safe to drink, Italian restaurants serve only bottled water which costs around 1.5 euro.
     This morning I am packing (very lightly) for three days in the beautiful city of Paris where Stephen, Adam and I will be staying in Hotel du Louvre across from the Le Grande Louvre which holds the famous Mona Lisa.  While three days might seem like a long time, we will have to fit a lot of museums and restaurants into the short time we have there.  We will be arriving in Paris tonight around 7:00 and we will probably have a nice dinner and on the 1st of January we will be taking a tour of the Eiffel Tower.  Other than that, we don't have any other solid plans, but hopefully we will be able to see as much of the city as we can.
     I will update once we return next week!  Buon Anno!

1 comment:

Anthony said...

Carbonera is my FAVORITE sauce!!! I am insanely jealous that you got to try the real thing!!!! Have fun!!